Article 1 (Personal Information)
“Personal Information” shall mean personal information as defined by the Personal Information Protection Law, and refers to information about a living individual which includes name, date of birth, address, telephone number, contact information and other descriptions etc., that can identify a specific individual, as well as data related to physical appearance, fingerprints, voiceprints, and the insurer number on health insurance cards, which can identify a specific individual from that information alone (Personal Identification Information).
Article 2 (Method of Collecting Personal Information)
The Company may ask for personal information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, email address, bank account number, credit card number, and driver’s license number when a user registers for the Service. In addition, the Company may collect transaction records and payment information that include users’ personal information, made between the user and our partners, from our affiliates (including information providers, advertisers, advertisement distribution destinations, etc., hereinafter referred to as “Affiliates”).
Article 3 (Purpose of Collecting and Using Personal Information)
The purposes for which the Company collects and uses personal information are as follows:
- For the provision and operation of our services
- To respond to inquiries from users (including identity verification)
- To send emails about new features of the Service being used by users, update information, campaigns, etc., and to introduce other services provided by the Company
- For communication as needed, such as maintenance and important notices
- To identify users who violate the terms of service or who intend to use the service for fraudulent or inappropriate purposes and to refuse their use
- To allow users to view, modify, delete their registration information and to view their usage status
- To charge users for paid services
- For purposes related to the above objectives
Article 4 (Change of Purpose of Use)
- The Company shall change the purpose of use of personal information only when it is reasonably recognized that the purpose is related to the one before the change.
- When the purpose of use has been changed, the Company shall notify the users of the change in purpose by a method prescribed by the Company or by announcing it on this website.
Article 5 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- Our company will not provide personal information to third parties without obtaining the user’s prior consent, except in the following cases or as permitted by the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws:
- When it is necessary to protect a person’s life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is particularly necessary for the improvement of public health or the promotion of the sound growth of children, and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by them in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the consent of the person may impede the execution of the affairs.
- When the following matters have been notified or publicly announced in advance, and the company has submitted a notification to the Personal Information Protection Commission:
- That the purpose of use includes provision to third parties.
- The items of data to be provided to third parties.
- The means or method of provision to third parties.
- Stopping the provision of personal information to third parties upon the request of the person.
- How to accept requests from the person.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, in the following cases, the entity provided with such information shall not be considered a third party:
- When the company entrusts all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
- When personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business due to merger or other reasons.
- When personal information is to be used jointly between specific parties, and the person has been notified in advance, or the person has been put in a readily accessible condition, of the fact of such joint use, the items of personal information to be jointly used, the scope of the joint users, the purpose of use by the users, and the name or title of the person responsible for the management of the personal information.
Article 6 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- When requested by the person, our company will disclose personal information to the person without delay. However, if disclosure may lead to any of the following, all or part of the information may not be disclosed, and if the decision is made not to disclose, the person will be notified of this decision without delay. A fee of 1,000 yen will be charged for each disclosure of personal information.
- If there is a risk of harming the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the person or a third party.
- If there is a risk of causing significant obstruction to the proper execution of the company’s business.
- If it would violate other laws and regulations.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, information that is not personal information, such as history information and characteristic information, will not be disclosed in principle.
Article 7 (Correction and Deletion of Personal Information)
- The user may request our company to correct, add, or delete (hereinafter referred to as “correction, etc.”) their personal information if the information held by our company is incorrect, according to the procedures established by our company.
- When the company receives a request from a user and determines that there is a need to comply with the request, the company will make the necessary corrections to the personal information without delay.
- When the company has made corrections, etc., based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when the company has made a decision not to make such corrections, etc., the company will notify the user of this without delay.
Article 8 (Suspension of Use of Personal Information, etc.)
- If the person requests the suspension of use or deletion (hereinafter referred to as “suspension of use, etc.”) of their personal information on the grounds that it is being handled beyond the scope of the purpose of use or that it has been collected by wrongful means, our company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay.
- Based on the results of the investigation in the preceding paragraph, if it is determined that there is a need to comply with the request, the company will suspend the use of the personal information without delay.
- When the company has suspended the use, etc., of personal information based on the provisions of the preceding paragraph, or when the company has made a decision not to suspend the use, etc., the company will notify the user of this without delay.
- Notwithstanding the preceding two paragraphs, if suspending the use, etc., incurs a large amount of expense or is otherwise difficult, and if alternative measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user can be taken, the company shall take such alternative measures.
- The contents of this policy may be changed without notifying the user, except as otherwise provided by laws and regulations or in this policy.
Article 10 (Contact for Inquiries)
For inquiries regarding this policy, please contact the following: