Terms of Service
These Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as “these Terms”) define the conditions of use for the services provided on this website (hereinafter referred to as “the Service”) by PEOPLE Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”). All registered users (hereinafter referred to as “Users”) shall use the Service in accordance with these Terms.
Article 1 (Applicability)
- These Terms shall apply to all relationships related to the use of the Service between the Users and the Company.
- In addition to these Terms, the Company may set various provisions (hereinafter referred to as “Individual Provisions”) such as rules for the use of the Service. These Individual Provisions, regardless of their names, shall constitute a part of these Terms.
- In the event that the provisions of these Terms contradict the provisions of the Individual Provisions, unless otherwise specified in the Individual Provisions, the provisions of the Individual Provisions shall prevail.
Article 2 (Registration)
- For the Service, registration is completed when an applicant agrees to these Terms and applies for registration according to the method specified by the Company, and when the Company approves this application.
- The Company may refuse to approve the application for registration if the applicant is judged to have any of the following reasons, and the Company is not obligated to disclose any reasons for its decision:
- In the case where false information was provided in the application for registration
- If the application is from an individual who has violated these Terms
- In other cases where the Company deems the registration to be inappropriate
Article 3 (Management of User ID and Password)
- Users shall manage their User ID and password for the Service at their own responsibility.
- Under no circumstances may a User transfer or lend their User ID and password to a third party or share it with a third party. The Company will consider the use of the Service through the combination of User ID and password that matches the registered information as use by the User who registered the ID.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any damages incurred as a result of the User ID and password being used by a third party, except in the case of intentional or gross negligence on the part of the Company.
Article 4 (Service Fees and Payment Method)
- Users shall pay the service fees as compensation for the paid portion of the Service, as separately determined by the Company and displayed on this website, by the method specified by the Company.
- If a User delays the payment of the service fees, they shall pay a late penalty at the rate of 14.6% per annum.
Article 5 (Prohibited Acts)
In using the Service, Users must not engage in the following acts:
- Acts that violate laws, regulations, or public order and morals
- Acts related to criminal activity
- Acts that infringe the copyrights, trademark rights, or other intellectual property rights included in the contents of the Service
- Acts that destroy or interfere with the functions of the servers or networks of the Company, other Users, or third parties
- Commercially utilizing information obtained through the Service
- Acts that could interfere with the operation of the Company’s services
- Unauthorized access or attempts to do so
- Collecting or accumulating personal information about other Users
- Using the Service for fraudulent purposes
- Acts that cause disadvantage, damage, or discomfort to other Users or third parties
- Impersonating other Users
- Advertising, promotion, solicitation, or business activities on the Service without the Company’s permission
- Acts aimed at meeting unfamiliar persons of the opposite gender
- Acts that provide direct or indirect benefits to antisocial forces in connection with the Company’s services
- Other acts that the Company deems inappropriate
Article 6 (Suspension of Service)
- The Company may, without prior notice to the User, suspend or interrupt all or part of the Service in the event it determines that any of the following circumstances exist:
- When maintenance, inspection, or updating of the computer system related to the Service is conducted;
- When the provision of the Service becomes difficult due to force majeure such as earthquakes, lightning, fire, power outages, or natural disasters;
- When the computer or communication lines stop working due to an accident;
- When the Company determines that it is difficult to provide the Service for other reasons.
- The Company shall not be liable for any disadvantage or damage suffered by Users or third parties due to the suspension or interruption of the Service.
Article 7 (Restrictions on Use and Cancellation of Registration)
- The Company may, without prior notice, restrict the User from using all or part of the Service, or cancel the User’s registration, in the event that:
- The User has violated any provision of these Terms;
- It is discovered that there is a falsehood in the registered items;
- There is a failure to perform payment obligations for fees, etc.;
- There is no response to communications from the Company for a certain period;
- There has been no use of the Service for a certain period since the last use;
- The Company determines that the use of the Service is not appropriate for other reasons.
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage incurred by the User as a result of the actions taken by the Company under this Article.
Article 8 (Withdrawal)
Users may withdraw from the Service in accordance with the withdrawal procedures established by the Company.
Article 9 (Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability)
- The Company does not explicitly or implicitly warrant that the Service is free of factual or legal defects (including defects, errors, or bugs related to safety, reliability, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness, fitness for a particular purpose, security, etc., as well as infringement of rights).
- The Company shall not be liable for any damage caused to Users arising from the Service, except in the case of willful misconduct or gross negligence by the Company. However, this disclaimer does not apply if the contract between the Company and the User regarding the Service (including these Terms) is considered a consumer contract under the Consumer Contract Act.
- Even in the case mentioned in the proviso of the preceding paragraph, the Company shall not be liable for any damage caused by special circumstances (including cases where the Company or the User foresaw or could have foreseen the occurrence of the damage) due to the Company’s negligence (excluding gross negligence). Furthermore, compensation for damages caused to the User due to the Company’s negligence (excluding gross negligence) in the performance of obligations or tort shall be limited to the amount of the usage fee received from the User in the month in which the damage occurred.
- The Company shall not be responsible for any transactions, communication, or disputes that occur between Users or between Users and third parties regarding the Service.
Article 10 (Changes to the Content of the Service)
The Company may change, add, or discontinue the content of the Service with prior notice to Users, and Users shall agree to this.
- The Company may amend these Terms without the individual consent of the User in the following cases:
- When the amendment of the Terms is in the general interest of the Users;
- When the amendment of the Terms does not contravene the purpose of the contract for the use of the Service and is reasonable in light of the necessity of the change, the reasonableness of the content after the change, and other circumstances related to the change.
- The Company will notify the User in advance of the amendment of the Terms and the content of the Terms after the amendment, as well as the effective date of the amendment.
Article 12 (Handling of Personal Information)
Article 13 (Notifications and Communications)
Notifications or communications between the User and the Company shall be made in the manner prescribed by the Company. The Company, unless a change notification is received from the User in a separate prescribed manner, shall deem the currently registered contact information as valid and will make notifications or communications to that contact information, considering them to have reached the User at the time of sending.
Article 14 (Prohibition of Assignment of Rights and Obligations)
The User may not transfer or provide as security to a third party any position under the usage contract or rights or obligations based on these Terms without the prior written consent of the Company.
Article 15 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
- The interpretation of these Terms shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
- In the event of a dispute regarding the Service, the court having jurisdiction over the location of the Company’s head office shall have exclusive jurisdiction by agreement.